Sunday, March 14, 2010

Introducing Leadership Perspectives

With all of the books, tapes, seminars and workshops on leadership, why is it so hard to find good leaders? This blog has been developed out of my frustration and concern with the lack of leadership in today’s society. From Wall Street to Main Street and everywhere in between it is very hard to find both men and women who are willing to stand up for what is right and to be held accountable for their decisions. Being rewarded for poor performance seems to be the benchmark for today’s leaders.

In my future posts I will share my perspectives on leadership and the critical need for men and women to take a stand and fill the leadership vacuum. It is up to all of us to look deep within ourselves and ask the question, “If not me, then who?”

There will be discussions on the importance of character and integrity in leadership. It is my desire to stimulate insightful discussions on the subject of leadership and how we all can become better leaders in our homes, our communities and our work places.

Because of my varied background from my days of being a union steward for over 600 employees, to managing real estate, to building a successful construction service company with over 1200 employees in 23 markets, I believe I have a unique perspective on leadership. In addition, I am very passionate about leadership and want to have a positive impact on the development of future leaders as I continue my own development.

I hope you will join me in the discussion and comment frequently in the exchange of ideas and perspectives on leadership.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Tony,
    I share your interest in leadership and your feeling that it starts at home and in our local communities. I was an instructor for the Navy's Officer Leadership Continuum for several years, and it was one of my most rewarding assignments. The Navy's core values of honor, courage and commitment are a great foundation for leaders in all walks of life. Emily Hopkins

    ReplyDelete